Thursday, November 16, 2017

I'm a wizard

So I managed to configure the email reader on my wife's computer.

Seems that Apple is trying to make things easy and they automatically assume that your email provider uses standard IMAP ports. Unfortunately the only way you can change the ports is to first configure the email and let it fail. Even more unfortunate is that Apple says, "Oh, this failed! I'm going to keep on trying anyways!"

So in order to configure it and then change the ports, I lied to it. It failed immediately but created the account.

I was then able to go into the account and modify it with the correct ports and she was up & running.

She doesn't want to admit it but I'm her hero.


I have a webinar to sit through this evening so I'm going to finish this up and log in.

While I listen to Patty Wagstaff (Go ahead, google her. I'll wait.) tell me how to not lose control while I'm flying around, you can visit these links:

No comments: