Thursday, November 30, 2017

The stock market is beginning to worry me

The DJIA closed at 24,272 today, up over 4,500 points since the first of the year. That's a lot of points in one year and I'm thinking it might be due for a collapse.

This makes me nervous but since I'm gainfully employed and my retirement account is strong enough to take a small hit, just not too much of a hit, I'm not terrified, just worried.

It might be time to give my finance guy a call and have a little conversation about things.


I've been watching the MLB free agent market and man, there are some seriously good ball players out there. I'm hoping the Red Sox are smart enough to stay out of the Giancarlo Stanton talks and instead are looking at who is available as a free agent.

I think they would be better served to spend money on a free agent like J.D. Martinez instead of giving away minor league prospects on a trade for Stanton.

I know I'm not the guy that makes those decisions but if Trade 'Em Away Dave wants to get ahold of me and get my advice, I'm available.


While I worry about the market and prepare to offer my sage advice to the Red Sox, you can click on these:

No comments: