Sunday, September 23, 2018

Still at 105

I fell asleep and missed the end of last nights game. They were tied 4-4 when I dozed off and I woke up to find the the Indians broke the tie in the 11th inning.

I'm hoping they win tonight because I stand by my prediction of four more wins this season.


One day last week, I awoke to find the my 4 year old iPhone6 was dead.

Dead, dead, dead.

We're talking zero battery and no sign of life whatsoever.

This is weird because my phone has never gone below 60% battery overnight. Hell, it's not doing anything at night so it shouldn't use any battery. I don't have any applications running on it so it shouldn't use any more than 1% battery just keeping the cpu idling and the radios ready to go.

So anyways, I charged it up and it seemed fine.

Almost too fine.

I say that because it stayed at 100% for two days.

My phone has never held 100% of a charge for two days.

I decided to go online and see if this was a problem that was known to the real world and sure as shootin' I found that a lot of people had battery issues on their 4 year old iPhones. As a matter of fact, so many people had problems with the battery in their 4 year old iPhones that Apple was doing a battery replacement for only $29.00

I really like my phone and I figured $29.00 to keep my trusty iPhone6 was a lot better than spending $1,400 on a shiny new iPhone loaded with features I would probably never use.

So today I went to the Apple store and they quickly discovered that my battery was on the verge of exploding. The guy showed me the way the screen was bowing out from the body of the phone because the battery was swelling. I never noticed it because I have a case on my phone that hid the swelling.

I figured for sure this $29.00 battery replacement was going to cost me a lot of money but I was wrong. The guy said, "We'll give you a new iPhone6 and charge you for the battery replacement."

So here I am, with a brand new iPhone6 that looks just like my old iPhone6 without the swelling and I'm a happy guy. More importantly, I no longer have to be concerned about it exploding in my pocket.

Not that I was concerned about it before but once the guy showed me the problem, I realize I probably should have been concerned about it.


You can click on these links if you want.

No comments: