Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The return of Chris Sale

Chris Sale will be pitching against the Blue Jays this evening but not as a "starter". Instead, he will be used in the role of "opener".

This is an interesting concept used by one or two teams where instead of a starting pitcher going 6 or 7 innings, the opening pitcher goes 2 innings and then another long inning guy comes in to goe an additional 4 or 5 innings.

The theory behind it is that you don't burn guys out by having them go 7 innings and they stay fresh and ready for anything. In the case of Sale, he's just coming off the DL and Cora considers this 2 inning start is more of a "test" of his arm.

Hopefully this goes well and the Red Sox win tonights game.


I thought about doing the whole, "Where were you when...." thing but you've seen enough of the reminiscence and 9/11 stories today.

I'll just tell you that I was at work when it happened. I called my wife, told her to go to the nearest ATM and withdraw the max of $350 then be prepared to get the kids.

I watched the towers fall and the Pentagon burn. Then I went home and we explained everything to our kids who were more than aware that something bad was going on.

Then I verified that I was capable of protecting my family if need be.

To this day, I still periodically verify that I am capable of protecting my family if need be.


I hope my sister has started paying attention to Flo and is at least a little prepared. One of my brothers sent her a link to a canoe that was on sale just in case she needed something to float around on.

While I watch baseball, you can click on these:

No comments: