Sunday, September 2, 2018

Yesterday was a long day.

We spent Saturday morning running all of our errands and then getting some yard work done. In the afternoon, we headed up to Keene for the annual music festival to watch our youngest and his fellow bandmates close the festival down for the year.

They have quite the following and they play well together but as they get older and start moving in different circles, they play together less and less. I won't be surprised if this is their last festival in Keene.

We didn't get home until after 11:30, which, as you all know, is way past my bedtime so I slept in this morning. Yes sir, I did not get out of bed until well after 6:00.

It was nice.

Today was spent doing some more yard work. Well, my wife did most of the yard work. I did a little of the yard work and then called it a day to go watch baseball

I did manage to mow my back yard and clean out my shed.


Speaking of baseball.

The Red Sox and the Yankees both won yesterday even though I was paying attention to both games via the GameDay cartoon thingee. That means the Red Sox started their Sunday morning still seven and a half games ahead of the Yankees in the ALEast.

As for today, the Red Sox got stomped by the White Sox and the Yankees got stomped by the Tigers so the Red Sox maintain their seven and a half game lead in the ALEast

Speaking of the Yankees, they have a new outfielder an he is a favorite of my Pittsburgh relatives - Andrew McCutchin.

When the Pirates traded Cutch to the Giants, my cousin Paddy and my Aunt Ann had a very sad day. Now the Giants have traded him to the Yankees and I asked Paddy if she was now a Yankees fan. She said she would watch them if they were on but she didn't sound too enthusiastic about it.

She love her Pirates and that will never change.


You can enjoy these links if you want:

No comments: