Tuesday, September 4, 2018

The tornado season has begun in Iowa

This evening, my daughter sent me the following text:

First tornado watch of the semester! So glad to be back in the Midwest...

I checked the weather for Ames, Iowa and this is what I saw:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 368 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM CDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS IN IOWA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 26 COUNTIES IN CENTRAL IOWA

Then I checked the radar for Ames, Iowa and is what I saw:

As a dad, I can assure you that this type of text message combined with a NWS watch notice and a radar image that shows a line of red blobs causes me some angst. Specially when she is 1,300 miles away....


The Red Sox are once again eight and a half games ahead of the Yankees. I'll be watching the Red Sox play the Braves but I will not be paying attention to the Yankees. They are playing the Athletics at 10:00 tonight and I have no desire to stay up to watch them.

If the Red Sox can win tonight, I'll be able to go to bed with them having a nine game lead in the ALEast.

I would like to go to bed with them having a nine game lead.


While I worry about my daughter and her small emergency backup dog out in Iowa, you can visit these links:

No comments: