Saturday, September 8, 2018

The bullpen needs to get it's shit together

The starter, David Price, did pretty damned well last night, going 6+ innings and giving up no runs. When he left the game, the score was 2-0 in favor of the Red Sox.

The bullpen than proceeded to give up 6 runs and the final score of the game was 6-3 in favor of the Astros.

This is the final month of the season and playoffs are fast approaching. Come October 5th (October 3rd if they really choke and end up in as a wild card), they all need to bring their "A" game and be ready to play because if they have a repeat of last year when they won the ALEast but lost in the ALDS, I will be upset.

I don't want to be upset.


As for today, well, the game is still going on. It's the eighth inning and the score is 5-2 in favor of the Astros.

The starter, Rodriguez, only managed three and a half innings and he gave up 5 runs. The bullpen has actually stepped up and is holding it's own today. Now if the batters would step up and start hitting the damned ball, they might just win this game.


I was going through some stuff in the basement today and found a box of old newspapers that I've saved over the years. Here are two that my dad gave me to hold on to:

I also have the moon landing, the release of the hostages from the US Embassy in Iran and a few others. I'll post pictures of those in the future.


Enjoy these links while I watch the rest of this ballgame:

No comments: