Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Mixed emotions

The Red Sox won last night, beating the Astros 3-2, which is way better than I expected from them. However, just before the game, they traded Vasquez to the Astros for a couple of prospects.

Vasquez has been part of the Red Sox organization for more than 15 years and to see him wearing a different uniform will be very weird. But baseball is a business and trading a guy who is about to become a free agent is a way to get something for him instead of just letting him go for nothing at the end of the season.

The Astros also picked up another guy who spent his whole career with one team when they acquired Trey Mancini from the Orioles.
Gotta be honest with you, neither one of them look thrilled to be wearing an Astros uniform.

In other moves, the Red Sox acquired Eric Hosmer from the Padres (not sure at what cost) and they traded reliever Diekman to the White Sox for a catcher name McGuire. They also picked up Tommy Pham from the Reds for "cash or a player to be named later"

As for the game itself, no, I did not stay awake for all nine innings. I made it to the seventh inning before going to bed. Not sure I'll do any better tonight.

With last night's win, they moved back to .500 but they remain half a game behind the Orioles in the ALEast.


We got some much needed rain the other day and then again today but that doesn't seem to be helping us get out of the drought.

I was kind of hoping my lawn might start to turn green again but I don't see much change. The crabgrass and weeds are green, the real grass, the stuff I planted, the plants I want to grow, is brown...


Enjoy these links:

No comments: