Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Short post.

I got to watch the Red Sox lose twice today!

We met our youngest and his fiancé in Worcester to go to the Durham Bulls / Worcester Red Sox game. The Red Sox lost that game 3-1.

After that it was a quick trip to Boston to have a late lunch/early dinner and then drop the kids off at their apartment. The restaurant we went to had the Red Sox on so we got to watch the Boston Red Sox lose to the Astros 6-1.

And that is how I got to see the Red Sox lose twice. It's also why this is a late and short post.


Before I leave you, I want to show you a picture I ran across this evening.

It started out fairly simple: I was looking for an image of Sgt Carter from the tv show Gomer Pyle - USMC when this picture popped up.

It shows Staff Sgt. Ty Carter receiving the Meritorious Service Medal. I thought, "Wow, that guy is no slouch."

Then I looked at the picture even closer and took note of the little blue ribbon covering the knot of his tie.

That, my friends, is the Medal of Honor.

So, yea, Sergeant Ty Carter is no slouch.


Enjoy these links:

No comments: