Tuesday, August 9, 2022

No housework today

I'm still trying to come up with a solution to the damaged door jamb. (Yes, I see that I spelled it wrong yesterday. I was tired and rushed. Give me a break.)

I'm leaning toward replacing the entire piece instead of trying to fit a patch. The jamb is kind of narrow and might not hold up to a glued section very well.

I guess we'll see what we can come up with.


Chris Sale, who broke his finger when he got hit by a batted ball a few weeks ago, went and fell off his bicycle this past weekend. When he hit the ground, he decided to use his hand to break his fall and he broke his wrist.

The best quote in that story is from Bloom who said, "We need to dispatch some people to go find whoever has the Chris Sale voodoo doll and recover it."

It looks like he is done for the season.

The man pitched a total of 5½ innings this season and he's now done until next February when spring training starts.

The Red Sox, and Sale, just can't seem to catch a break. Well, maybe Sale catches breaks, just not the kind he needs.


Remember yesterday when I wrote briefly about the "groundbreaking" bill the senate passed?

I found this article very interesting.

So much for "groundbreaking".

Do our elected officials even read the bills they are voting on? Do they ever do any analysis on the impact of their legislation? Or are they legislating for the sake of legislating. Are they passing new laws and programs simply because they think it makes them look busy and it keeps getting them elected?

Here's what I think:

I think if you vote for the democrats after all the "defund the police" crap and the numerous attempts at socializing our society, you are nuts.

I think if you vote for the republicans after all their drooling and fawning over that psycho Trump, the religious zealotry of their leadership and what they did to tip the scales of justice on the supreme court, you are nuts.

We are screwed no matter which side wins.


I'm going to watch some baseball.

You can enjoy these links:

No comments: