Thursday, August 4, 2022

They are a game and half behind the Orioles

I'm not sure that Bloom made the right moves to get the red Sox into the postseason. I hope he did but there isn't anything I'm seeing that makes me feel positive about things.

I will admit to being impressed by one of the minor leaguers they got from Houston for Vasquez. Enmanuel Valdez played in yesterday's Worcester game and I enjoyed watching him. He has a beautiful swing at the plate and his fielding is impressive.

As for the pickups they traded for, Hosmer, Pham and McGuire, time will tell. Boston is a tough market for some guys. They don't handle the pressures from the fans and the media very well. A couple of good examples are Carl Crawford or Pablo Sandoval. Both of those guys fell apart when they played in Boston.

Guess we'll see how this all works out in a couple of months.


You can visit these links if you want:

No comments: