Monday, November 28, 2022

Busy day

Today was a busy day for me with very little webernizing.

Let's start with the fact I've started up with another round of my semi-annual insomnia. I think I might have gotten 2 hours of sleep last night.

So anyways, once I got moving, I set about doing one of those jobs I hate doing - replacing the cat litter in all three of the litter boxes we have. This project entail carrying the box out to the garage and dumping the litter into a bag. Then taking the box out back and hosing it down to clean it as best as possible. Then it's in to the kitchen to rinse it with smoking hot water so it dries.

I do that two more times and then take a big ol' wad of paper towels and dry the boxes really well. Then it's just a matter pouring the fourty pounds of fresh cat litter into all three boxes and putting them back where the cat's can find them.

It takes about an hour to do it when I'm awake but today it took me about two hours because I kept forgetting things.

It sucks to have insomnia.


Then I sat down to clean all the empty brass casings I accumulate during my shooting hobby.

I use a simple formula of apple cider vinegar, salt and liquid Tide laundry detergent to clean them. I put that mixture in to an old Utz Cheese Balls bucket and mix it well. Then I pour all the brass in, put the lid on and agitate the shit out of it for about 10 minutes.

After that it's rinsing, rinsing and more rinsing until no more soap bubbles appear.

Then it's time to take each casing out of the water, empty it of all water and put it back into the bucket for more rinsing, rinsing, rinsing.

Once I'm happy that all the salt, vinegar and Tide are off the brass, I put it all on a clean towel, bundle it up and shake the crap out of it.

Once I have all of that done, I place each casing onto a holder. Those full holders then go onto a screen that is elevated a bit so air can flow around and under the cases. They will sit there for several days until they are all nice and dry.

Then the fun of depriming and sizing begins but that won't happen until everything is nice and dry.

It doesn't sound like much but it turns out that between me, my daughter and the various friends who ask to go along, I do a lot of shooting.

This is a picture of today's effort. It's about half the brass I emptied this summer. The other half is already cleaned and deprimed.


Nope, no retiring for me:


I'm going to fall asleep in front of my tv now.

Yes, I know the Steelers are playing tonight and hey, who knows, maybe I'll watch some of it but I have a feeling by the time the 8:30 kick-off happens, I'm going to be unconcious.

Here are a few links:

No comments: