Friday, November 11, 2022

It's Veterans Day.

To my nephews, cousins, friends and acquaintences who answered the call to serve our country, thanks.

I would like to say, "Thank you for your service" to my younger brother who served in the Air Force. Here he is in Turkey, defending us from almost everyone in the middle east but mostly the Iranians.

I also want to say thanks to my buddy Dave who served in both the Army and the Marines. He may have also served in the Air Force but my memory ain't what it used to be.
That is Dave and his wife enjoying their retirement in the Florida sun. He sent me that yesterday just to say, as he put it, "Look! I'm still alive!"

For the record, my brother and Dave worked together on the Springfield Police Department. My brother is still working there (hopefully he'll be out soon) but Dave had to take early retirement when he was hit by a drunk driver while working a road job on Sumner Avenue back in 2012.

My reply to Dave was,


The Bruins won last night, keeping them in second place in the NHL, 2 points behind the Golden Knights and 2 points ahead of the Devils.

I know it's early but I can't help but be very optimistic about this team. I think I'm going to enjoy this season.

Their next game is tomorrow at 7:00 in Buffalo against the Sabres


Another "crypto" company has gone belly-up.

FTX was the crypto exchange pushed by Tom Brady and his ex-wife, by Steph Curry and by Shaquille O'Neal.

Looks like Larry David was the only one who got it right.


I feel like I'm going to fall asleep early tonight but if I do that, I'll be all screwed up tomorrow. So maybe I'll binge on some DVRs I have saved and try to stay awake until my normal bedtime of 10:00pm.

While I do that, you can enjoy these links:

No comments: