Sunday, November 13, 2022

Back in first

With last night's win over the Sabres and the Golden Knights loss to the Blues, the Bruins have moved back into first place. Both the Knights and the Bruins have 26 points but since the Bruins have the higher win percentage, they get first in the league.

As for the game last night, it wasn't looking good through the first period with the Sabres up by a goal. The Bruins came out in the second and tied it up 1-1. In the third period, the Bruins managed to score two goals and hold the Sabres off for the final horn.

The game ended with the Bruins winning 3-1.

Tonight's game is at 6:00 so I should have no problem watching all three periods.


The Patriots are on a bye week so I said to myself, "Self, I guess you'll just have to watch the Steelers game."

Nope. Turns out FOX decided the Bills game was more important so that was the one they showed.

I don't really care about the Bills or the Vikings but I watched it anyway.

By the way, the Steelers won.


In other sporting news, I also could not watch the LPGA Pelican Womens Championship this afternoon because the Golf channel decided to record it and run it at 7:30 tonioght.

I hear you saying, "Steve, why do you care about the LPGA golf tournament?" It's simple, really - I had the pleasure of playing a round of golf at Pelican Hills back in the 90s.

A coworker and I had to go build out an office in Pomona California, just outside of Los Angeles. When we finished up our work, we managed to talk one of our vendors into setting us up with a round of golf. The vendor chose Pelican Hills at Newport Beach for us to play.

I can tell you without any reservations that I have never payed golf on a nicer course in my life. The fairways were like the greens we have around here and the greens were like a Persian carpet. The golf carts all had GPS with maps to tell us how far we were from obstacles and the pin. There were numerous beverage carts patrolling the fairways and they were all operated by typical southern California girls wearing gym shorts and bikini tops.

I can also tell you that it cost me a dozen brand new golf balls plus the three or four I had to mooch off Carl so I could play the last few holes.

See, Pelican Hills has canyons and those canyons all have signs that say:
    CAUTION
    RATTLESNAKES
    DO NOT ENTER
I hope those rattlesnakes had fun with my dozen Titleist's...


Almost time for hockey.

Enjoy these links:


No comments: