Tuesday, November 1, 2022

No baseball last night

It was raining in Philaelphia last night so they postponed the game.

The rescheduled game will be played this evening at 8:00 and, according to the weather dweebs at The Weather Channel, tonights weather in Philadelphia is predicted to be:

I don't know how many innings I will see but I can assure you that I will watch at least one.


Yesterday's Halloween festivities went well and we had around 20-30 costumed children, three non-costumed teenagers and one dog.

The kids were all excited, the teenagers were polite and the dog was happy to get a biscuit to munch on.

Yes, I gave the dog a Halloween treat.

Personally, I think all dogs should be allowed to trick-or-treat.

And since we purchased our candy from Costco, I can assure you that we still have lot of it left. That is fine with me because, well, I like candy.


It might be time to buy a Powerball ticket...

If you decide to take the annuity, you will get $40,000,000 each year for 30 years. That would net you around $26,000,000 every year after taxes.

If you take the lump sum, that's $596,000,000. That would net you around $387,000,000 after taxes. If you invest that into a low-risk 2% investment, you will earn roughly $7,500,000 every year. If you don't spend all $7,500,000 at the end of the year, you put it back in to the investment fund, effectively increasing your annual return.

No matter how you decide to do it, that's a shitload of money. I'm willing to spend $2.00 on that chance.

And for the record, I'll be taking the lump sum and putting it into a low-risk investment. I'm pretty sure I can live quite nicely on $20,000 per day.


Another addition to the list of, "I get the best spam"...


While I sit around watching baseball, you can visit these links:

No comments: