Sunday, November 6, 2022

The Astros won

The Astros are the World Series champions after they defeated the Phillies 6-5 last night.

All I have to say about that is:
    The are 100 days until pitchers and catchers report to training camp.
Hopefully the Red Sox have a winning team ready to go.


The Patriots played like crap during the first quarter this afternoon but the Colts played worse.

During the second quarter, the Patriots came to life and managed to make it to field goal range twice, giving them a six point lead. After their second field goal, they forced a "three and out" against the Colts but this time the Patriots blocked the punt and recovered it on their own three yard line.

That was when the first touchdown of the game was scored. With the point after being good, the Patriots had a rather decent 13-0 lead going into the half.

As for the second half, the Patriots played some decent football and beat up on the Colts pretty good. When the final whistle blew, the score was 26-3 in favor of the Patriots.

All of which leads me to ask, "Whatever happened to the practice of a line judge firing a pistol to mark the end the quarters?"


The Bruins lost last night.

The Maple Leafs were just too much for them and the only goal they scored came from a Marchand penalty shot. They lost the game 2-1 and that moved them out of first place in the NHL.

They are still playing some damned good hockey and there are a lot of games left in this season.


Okay, I bought one ticket when it was $1.5 billion and I won $4.00. I parleyed that into two tickets when it was $1.6 billion and neither one of those won anything.

That means I am still only $2.00 into this.

I think that this time, I'm going to buy two more tickets. That will make my total investment in this silliness $6.00 and that is probably my limit.

Well, it's my limit until the estimated lump payout cash value exceeds $1 billion. If that happens, I'll reconsider my decision.


Well, it's dark at 4:45 now. That means I'm probably going to fall asleep around 8:30 tonight.

I really dislike this time change thing we do.

While I whine about the time change, you can visit these links:

No comments: