Friday, November 4, 2022

No hockey for me

The Bruins won last night but I didn't see it. Seems that the game was streamed on ESPN+ and since I have no intention of signing up for any more streaming services, I didn't get to see it.

If I had been able to watch it, I would have seen them score five goals to the Rangers two goals. I would have seen them retain their first place position in the NHL. I would have seen some hockey but I didn't.

No sir, I didn't get to see any of that at all.

Instead, I watched baseball.

They are off today, picking it up again tomorrow when they will be in Toronto to play the Maple Leafs. Fortunately, that game will be back on NESN.


Speaking of baseball...

The Astros managed to win the final game in Philadelphia last night, beating the Phillies 3-2.

They are on a travel day while both teams head back to Houston for the final two scheduled games. They are back at it tomorrow at 8:00 and if the Astros win, they will win the series. If the Astros lose, they will play the final game on Sunday.


Keeping my yard clean is a losing battle but I continue to fight the good fight.

Every day, I clean all the leaves off my backyard and every two or three days, I clean all the leaves off my side & front yard.

I clean the back yard using the leaf blower and I keep the front & side clean by using my lawn tractor.

Today, however, I climbed on my roof and blew all the leaves out of my gutters. Trust me, it was a lot of leaves. That meant I didn't use my lawn tractor to pick them up. Instead, I used the leaf blower to pile them into two piles and then I raked them onto a tarp for transport to my composting heap in the woods.

I figure I would rather move 100 pounds of leaves every few days rather than move 500 pounds of leaves once a week. And that's not an exageration. You see, I'm surrounded by tall oaks. If you've ever moved oak leaves, you know I'm not bullshitting about the weight.


Welp, now I feel like I should buy two tickets...


Tonight was taco night. If you don't have taco night at your house, you don't know what your are missing. You really should have taco night.

I have a couple of Gold Rushes on my DVR that I will use to entertain myself this evening.

While I do that, you should check these out:

No comments: