Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Someone is very rich

The billion dollar powerball had one winner yesterday and since I never got around to buying a ticket, you know it wasn't me. I'm also pretty sure it wasn't Pat because he told me he didn't buy one either.

With my $4 winner, my three tickets ended up costing me a total of $2. I think I can afford a $2 loss.

This ends my current venture into the world of gambling. Next time there is a billion dollar jackpot, maybe I'll buy a ticket or two.


We have a new governor and I'm genuinely concerned about what she is going to do for me.

When she was our attorney general, she was primarily focused on making it hard for a law abiding citizen to own a firearm. She was also hyper-focused on suing Donald "New York slumlord" Trump. That tells me if Trump gets elected in 2024, Massachusetts is screwed because Trump is the kind of guy that will use his presidential power to make our governor squirm.

She is also very concerned about the people of Boston and she thinks the state ends somewhere around the starting line of the Boston Marathon. Those of us living in western Massachusetts are nothing more than an annoyance to her.

I guess time will tell how she behaves and I will make every effort to give her a fair chance but I am going to remain skeptical. Which is what Charlie Baker looks like he's doing as well, remaining skeptical:
He looks thrilled to be standing there...


In other election news, it appears the market does not like the overall results of the midterm elections:

It also looks like Psycho Nancy will be giving up her post as Speaker of the House. I think the new speaker will be Kevin McCarthy since he is the current minority leader but that's just a guess on my part.

In the upper chambers, it looks like the Democrats have taken control of the Senate and Chuck "my middle name is Ellis" Schumer no longer has to rely on Krazy Kamala to break the tie and push through the liberal agenda.

The economy sucks, the world is on the verge of world war three, energy costs are going to make it hard for people to heat there homes and every time Goofy Joe opens his mouth, he says things that make Donald "Covfefe" Trump look like a rocket scientist.

We are screwed.

Oh, and I suspect we will see numerous law suits from the Republicans who lost. That seems to be their modus operandi - when you lose, you claim the Democrat commited fraud & stole the election and you file a law suit. Then you appeal every time a judge rules against you.


I'm going to figure out what to have for dinner. Then I'm going to watch some Gold Rush.

You can check these out if you want:

No comments: