Saturday, September 2, 2023

ESPN sucks

I've made it clear over the years that I think ESPN sucks. By extension, I think their parent company, Disney, also sucks.

And in order to make me think they suck even more, they have decided to pull all of their programming from my cable provider.

This is what I see when I tune to ESPN:


They all suck.


Jimmy Buffett died.

I know all of his songs and I know the lyrics to most of them. I occasionally get one verse from the song A Pirate Looks At Forty stuck in my head:
    I made enough money to buy Miami, but I pissed it away so fast.
    Never meant to last, never meant to last.

Another song that pops into my brain periodically, usually when I'm doing something I don't want to be doing, is The Great Filling Station Holdup:
    And now I wish I was somewhere other than here.
    Down in some honky-tonk, sippin' on a beer.
    Yes I wish I was somewhere other than here.
    Cause that great fillin' station holdup
    Cost me two good years.

As a young man, I spent many hours with Danny Grandmont, Joe Croteau and Jack Dempsey (not the boxer) at Jack's house, drinking massive amounts of beer and listening to Jimmy Buffet & Billy Joel albums. I loved that music.

So now Jimmy is gone but I still have his albums so I'll be able to listen to him anytime I want.


Yes, the Red Sox lost last night.

Actually, they got their ass kicked. Badly.

The Royals beat the Red Sox 13-2. That's what I mean by badly.

I'm thinking that $10.00 bet I made back in March is $10.00 wasted.


I'm going to watch tonight's baseball game.

You can visit these if you want:


No comments: