Thursday, September 14, 2023

Once again, extra baseball

Last night the Red Sox and Judges were rained out so today was/is a double-header.

The first game was at 1:35 and the Red Sox beat the Judges 5-0. This means they are now one full game ahead of them in the ALEast.

They are still seven games out of the wildcard and I'm pretty sure they don't stand a chance but I'm glad they are keeping the Judges down in the basement.

The second game will be at 7:15 tonight w2hich menas I should be able to watch all of it..

In other baseball news, Red Sox ownership decided to fire Chaim Bloom.

I have two things to say about that:
  1. He did the job they hired him for - rebuild the farm system and get below the luxury tax threshold.

  2. If he had found some starting pitching before the start of the season or at the trade deadline, he would probably still have a job.
He'll find another job soon and hopefully the Red Sox find someone who can build a winning team.

Now I'm waiting for the Judges to do something similar. Hell, if George Steinbrenner were still alive, he would have fired everyone sometime in August.


I don't want to say I'm a tasty guy but I've got more mosquito bites on me than I ever remember having.

I've got so many welts that I've probably got that "West Nile EEE Malaria Dengue Fever" disease.


Today would have been a great day to go play golf but Willie is in Italy and I don't think he wants to fly back here just to play golf with us.

I don't know where Pat is. Maybe he's in Italy too. Or Ludlow. I don't know.

All I'm certain of is I'm not in Italy. I'm at my house.

Instead of golf, I mowed my lawn.

I can also tell you that I'm certain lawn mowing is not as much fun as golf.


Time to figure out what to make for dinner and then watch some more baseball.

You should check these out:

No comments: