Saturday, August 17, 2024

Nice win

Despite not having a starting pitcher and using the bullpen over all nine innings, the Red Sox managed to beat the Orioles 12-10 last night.

The one downside to the night was the game lasted for 3½ hours and didn't end until 10:45.

I don't like staying up until 10:45...

This evenings game is at 7:05 and Bello has the start. With the series tida 1-1, a win tonight would be good.


My town had it's annual hazardous waste collection day today so I was able to get rid of my collection of used motor oil, some 30 year old Thompson's Water Seal and about twenty cans of 15 year old spray paint my kids had accumulated over the years.

It's nice to get rid of that stuff without doing what we used to do back in the 60s and 70s which was dig a hole and pour it in the ground.


I went to the vet clinic this afternoon and set up their vpn server.

Well, I tried to set it up but failed miserably.

I saw something I've never seen before - a melted microSD card.

Apparently the card failed and the card reader got so hot, it basically burned the end off the card and visibly warped it.

I brought the Pi home and put an old card I had in it to make sure the problem it wasn't caused because the machine was bad. The machine booted up nicely and did not overheat at all so that tells me the problem was the card.

So now it's simply a matter of buying a new microSD card and reloading the software.


I've been watching the Worcester Red Sox game (they won) and now I'm going to watch the Boston Red Sox game (I hope they win). Hopefully today's game doesn't go until 10:30 because I'm tired.

Here are today's links:

No comments: