Thursday, August 22, 2024

No baseball tonight

The Red Sox are back in Boston after winning their series against Astros. Tomorrow they start a three-game series against the Diamondbacks.

The Diamondbacks have a pretty good record so I suspect this will be a difficult series for the Red Sox


Yesterday I dragged my rake around the backyard while I scalped the crab grass with my lawn tractor.

Because the crab grass was so thick, I couldn't bag it. Instead I just cut it without the bagger installed and blew the clippings into a long row.

Once I had the clippings in a nice long row, I raked it into piles and hauled it out with a wheelbarrow.

Did I mention that I had to do this twice because the grass was so thick and heavy that I couldn't cut it down to nothing in just one pass.

Once I had made my two passes and raked up all the grass, I dragged the raked around a third time and bagged whatever was dredged up.

So now my back yard looks like this:

Sometime in the next few days, I will fill my aerator/seeder with some decent grass seed, seed the backyard and then commence watering it every day. The hope is that by next spring, grass will be growing and my fertilizer guy can apply whatever magic stuff he applies to kill the crab grass and weeds.

Actually, the hope is that since I no longer have dogs back there, I will one day have an actual yard in the back of my house.


Pat, Willie and myself picked a great day to go play golf today.

It was about 74° and mostly sunny with a light breeze. In other words, it was the perfect day to wander around a field hitting balls with funny sticks and laughing at each other.

We don't keep score in the traditional sense. I have a method that we use. You get one point for a bogey, two points for par and three points for a birdie.

So far, none of us has ever scored higher than a 5.

I'm thinking of awarding one point for finishing nine holes with the same ball you started with and one point for making it through all nine holes without having to take a leak.

Here are today's links:

No comments: