Saturday, August 10, 2024

The bullpen collapsed

Houck pitched a pretty good game but the batters couldn't get it done. Despite taking an early lead, they ended up losing 8-4 to the Astros.

They remain 1½ games out of the wildcard because the Royals lost as well.

If they can get on a winning streak of three or four games, they stand a good chance to getting back into the wildcard.

First pitch of today's game was at 4:10 and Winckowski is listed as the starter. I don't have any further information on the game simply because I typed this up at 1:00 in the afternoon and I don't really feel like changing it.


Hurricane Debby was kind of a bust in my neck of the woods. It rained all night, pretty hard at times, but there were no reports of damage or power outages.

It's always nice when storms don't make our lives miserable.


In golf, Lydia Ko from New Zealand won the gold which is no surprise to me. What is a surprise is that Nelly Korda finished tied for 22nd.

Yesterday I said to Pat that the 15th hole was killing everyone and today was no exception when Korda shot a 7 on a hole that is designed to be a par 4.

And speaking of Olympics, the US took the gold in women's soccer, beating Brazil 1-0. It was a good game to watch because man, those women were beating the shit out of each other.

There was so much pushing, punching, tripping and body-slamming that it was starting to look like a WWE wrestling match.


This is Sage.
She sits on that shelf and stares at me while I watch sports. She wants me to do something for her but since she doesn't speak english and I don't speak cat, I have no idea what it is.


Enjoy these links:

No comments: