Thursday, April 14, 2016

Finally a win.

Kelly pitched a pretty good game last night, giving the Red Sox 116 pitches over 5 innings. It would have been a great game if he had gone 100 pitches over 7 innings because that would have given the bullpen a little bit of a break.

As for the offense, they managed to hit the ball pretty well but more importantly, they managed some smart base running. They paid attention to the plays and in almost every inning, they ended up with a runner on third looking to get himself home.

And as we all know, the only way to win is to cross home plate more ties than your opponent.

They are off tonight and start a three game series against the Blue Jays on Friday.

*

More touch & go's today and I'd like to say I'm good at them but the truth is I'm not all that overjoyed with my performance. I can take off pretty smoothly and enter the pattern without any problems but my landings need more work.

A lot more work.

I tend to drift with the wind a bit and I always find myself a touch too high as I cross the threshold of the runway. This makes my landings a bit long. I also have a tendency to over-control as I'm approaching the runway.

One of the unique features of Northampton Airport 14 is that you cross over I-91 on your final approach. On a cool sunny day, there is a thermal rising off the highway that causes the plane to balloon up quite a bit just before landing.

All-in-all, I am not unhappy but since I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I want my landings to be a lot better than they are.

*

Time for some links:

No comments: