Thursday, April 21, 2016

Smooth as silk

Yes, I flew again today and man, was it smooth. There was little or no wind and almost no thermals to contend with.

We left Northampton and headed over to Barnes Airfield out in Westfield which was pretty interesting.

Barnes is a tower-controlled field that is the home to the local Air National Guard F-15 fighters. It's also several times bigger than Northampton.

Normally I do my touch & go's on a single runway that is 3,000 feet long and 50 feet wide. Today, I did my touch & go's at Barnes on runway 20 which is 9,000 feet long and 150 feet wide.

Man, that was fun.

*

I have no problem with removing Alexander Hamilton from the $20.00 bill because let's face it, he's not a very attractive guy. He looks like a slightly psychotic pot-head college professor who's forgotten he's supposed to be teaching Economics 101 and has wandered off on some tangent about why its' better to fertilize your hemp plants with giraffe crap than donkey poop.

Then again, Harriet Tubman is no supermodel either.

Seems to me that we should pick the people on our money based on how attractive they are. Let's face it, we've gotta look at them everyday. Wouldn't you want to look at some hottie?

Also, saying you have "a pocketful of Tubman's" doesn't sound near as good as, "Hey, I've got a Christie Brinkley burning a hole in my pocket."

*

The Red Sox lost again today and it was because the manager failed to manage. Can someone explain to me why Craig Kimbrel didn't come out and pitch? What about Uehara? Why didn't he come out and pitch?

They need a manager who knows who to use and when to use them.

*

Here are a few links:

No comments: