Monday, April 18, 2016

Good day for flying, bad day for baseball.

More touch & go's today and I got to do them in calm conditions. It was nice to bring the plane down to the runway without having to fight a 12-15 mph cross-wind.

I'm getting better at this landing thing but there is no way I'm ready to do it by myself. I think my instructor must be one of the bravest guys I know for him to sit there while I sling the plane towards the ground in an attempt to land it on the runway.

Amazingly enough, he seems to think I'm getting better.

Hopefully I continue to improve because I am really enjoying this and I want to be able to do it for real. I can think of nothing more enjoyable than cruising through the sky on a beautiful day.

Also, with two stopovers, it takes about 8 hours to get to Ames Iowa as opposed to the 19 hours in a car.

You never know, I might want to go to Ames Iowa every once-in-a-while.

*

As for the Red Sox, what can I say. They had a lead going into the eighth inning when Uehura suddenly decided to walk or hit every batter he faced.

Fortunately for me I was busy flying a plane around and not watching the game so I didn't lose my mind.

*

Here are the links:

No comments: