Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Touch and go, touch and go....

Today's lesson was landing and taking off. I did at least 10 takeoffs and landings and man, was it stressful.

The lesson wasn't actually about landing and taking off so much as it was about learning to fly the pattern around the airport.

This is the pattern I'm talking about:

It is that pattern that allows aircraft to land or takeoff in a sensible manner without interfering with each other. It's kind of like a rotary with two entrances and one exit.

In other words, we won't crash into each other as long as everyone plays nice, communicates clearly, watches for oncoming traffic and yields the right of way.

There was another student doing touch and go's today as well so I actually got to fly the pattern with other aircraft in it with me. It was fun watching her aircraft in front of me. There is a certain grace and beauty in a small plane seen at eye level.

Have I mentioned that I love this.

*

The Red Sox continued their current suckage by losing again last night and they are now below .500.

I'm hoping that Kelly manages to stifle the Orioles bats and that the Red Sox manage to hit the ball well & cross home plate a lot more than the Orioles.

That would make for a good game.

*

You can click on these links if you would like:

No comments: