Friday, April 1, 2016

Global System Computer Services

This afternoon I received three calls from "Steven" at "Global System Computer Services".

The first call was when "Steven", who had a very thick Indian or Pakistan accent, introduced himself and his company. He said my computer was sending out distress messages to the global system license server and it was indicating that the system was infected.

He asked me if I was in front of my computer and I told him no. He asked me to go to my computer and turn it on and he would then walk me through the process of repairing the major damage that was being done to my computer and restore it to the global system license server.

I told him I would go there right now.

I put the phone on speaker, set it down on the coffee table and listened to him say, "Hellooooo? Are you there sir?" for a few minutes.

Then he hung up.

Several seconds later he called back, reintroduced himself and his company and asked what happened.

I told him my computer wouldn't turn on. He told me I had to plug it in. I told him I would go do that,

I put the phone on speaker, put it back on the coffee table and listened to him say, "Hellooooo? Are you there sir?" for another few minutes.

Then he hung up.

Several seconds later he called back but by that time I was tired of my little game and I let it go to the answering machine.

Amazingly enough, he didn't leave a message.

I figure I kept him on the phone for good ten minutes and during that time he wasn't able to call someone else who might have been gullible enough to fall for his bullshit.

*

Try these links out:

No comments: