Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Nice day to fly.

Then again, I think any day is a nice day to fly.

My instructor has me working on problem situations like stalls and engine cutoffs as well as important things like communicating my intentions to other aircraft in the area, setting up for a landing and then actually landing.

Today was the first day where it was reasonably calm out there for me when I took off and it was fun.

I got to experience a nice steady roll down the runway and then a gentle liftoff into the air. I managed to make it to 3,000 feet out over Deerfield before the wind decided that I'd had it easy enough and it was time for me to start working.

At one point we hit a wind shear that dropped us about 10 or 15 feet which is a lot of feet.

Imagine being in a car that suddenly drops 10 feet and you have a pretty good idea of what I got to enjoy.

Oh, and he also had me register with the FAA for my Student Airman Certificate.

I guess he figures I'm doing okay and it's time to kick the bureaucracy into high gear.

*

I'll be watching the Red Sox this evening. My hopes are not high because Buchholz is pitching.

Lets face it, the last two years have proven that Buchholz is not only not an ace, he probably isn't a starter. It is my humble opinion that he would make a decent long setup guy.

*

While I'm watching baseball, you can visit these links:

No comments: