Monday, June 12, 2017

I better finish my honey-do list

A couple of weeks ago, I told you I was busy with meetings. I also said I wouldn't bore you with the details.

Well things have changed so let me bore you with the details:
    Today I accepted a position with Bay Path University IT department.
That's right folks, I'm going back to work.

I'm finally going to have something to do every day that will give me a sense of accomplishment and purpose! Also, I'm finally going to stop drawing on my hard-earned retirement accounts!

As things stand right now, I will start on June 26th and my primary goal will be the security of the University's computer systems and data repositories. I'm sure they will have many other things for me to do as well and I will be happy to do them.

Those meetings I mentioned took place of several days during which I met with the current team of folks that runs the IT department, the VP of Finance, the President of the University and finally the HR department to finalize the process.

I'm looking forward to this. Hell, I've even started shaving every day just to get back into the habit.

I am, however, going to miss walking around barefoot.


Like I said yesterday, you never know what you are going to get from Pomeranz and last night the Red Sox got the guy who gets lit up like a brand new LED spot light.

The Red Sox are now four games behind the unstoppable Yankees and two games ahead of the third place Rays. The Orioles are now the fourth place team in the ALEast by half a game.

Today the Red Sox start a four game series against the Phillies.

They will play two games in Boston at Fenway where both teams will use a designated hitter.

Then they will go to Philadelphia and play two games at Citizens Bank Park where designated hitters are verboten and the pitchers will need to bat.

And before I forget to mention it, the Phillies are a terrible team. As a matter of fact, they are the worst team in all of Major League Baseball right now. I hope the Red Sox win all four of those games because if they don't, it'll be time to take a long hard look at John Farrell's management skills.

Generally, I'm not a fan of inter-league play but this series should be fun to watch.


I got some flying in today and I'm sorry I did.

The weather service assured me that the winds would be variable at 3 knots.

They were right abut the variable part but pretty darned wrong about the force part. It was blowing at about 15 knots with some pretty interesting gusts.

There was no altitude where the plane was stable. It bounced all over the place no matter what altitude I was at.

When I returned to Northampton, my landing was far from good and I ended up off the runway in the grass.

After the mechanical staff inspected the plane to make sure it wasn't damaged when it went into the weeds, my cousin jumped in with me and made me do three more landings because, in his words, "You can't call it a day after that. You need to do it again and get it right."

So we did three more and I managed to get it right.

I know I can still do it, just not in gusty winds. Next time I go, it'll be on a much calmer day.


While I watch the ball game, you can click on these:

No comments: