Friday, June 23, 2017

It's having a well-deserved rest

My old laptop has been put out to pasture. I may have to call on it every once in a while to do some Windows stuff but as of today, I am using a mac to do my websurfinterneting.

It's going to take me some time to get used to using a mac. Everything is just different enough that my muscle memory is no longer in synch with the machine. For instance, the keyboard is just slightly different and instead of hitting the "A" key, I hit the caps lock key. Also, the Microsoft Red X that sits at the top right hand corner of every window has been replaced by the Apple Red Dot in the top left hand corner.

I also now only have USB-C ports so I have to get a conversion cable to use any of my old USB devices like thumb drives.

If you sent me an email in the last few days and I haven't replied yet, hold your horses. I still have to export my Outlook contacts to my server and then import them into my new copy of Outlook (yes, I have a copy of Office for the mac). I'm hoping to get that done this evening or tomorrow morning.

So anyways, now that I'm a member of the hipster elitist "Apple is the BEST thing ever" crowd, I'll have to start drinking PBR with my pinky elevated.


Since the Yankees managed to lose last night, The Red Sox are once again tied for first place.

Tonight the play the Angels, who just finished beating the Yankees, and if they win, they stand a pretty good chance of taking sole possession of first once again. This is because the Yankees are playing the Rangers and Yu Darvish is pitching.

When Darvish is on, he's un-hittable.


While I watch baseball and figure out the easiest way to move my email from my old laptop to my new one, you can click on these:

No comments: