Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Sole possession of first place

For the first time this season, the Red Sox had sole possession of first place. With last night's win against the Royals and the Yankees loss to the Angels, the Red Sox were half a game ahead of the struggling Yankees.

I can't help but notice that they tend to win when Sandoval is not in the game. Farrell recalled Sam Travis & Deven Marrero from Pawtucket and they both contributed to last nights win.

I know that Sandoval is owed a lot of money but the way I look at it, I don't really care. It's not my money. It's John Henry's money.

He's owed the money and they have to pay him no matter what so they might as well pay him to NOT screw up on the field and lose them games. In my opinion, they should bite the bullet and make Marrero the full time third baseman.

Let Sandoval play in Pawtucket.

As for todays game, they fell apart and gave the game away in the 8th inning and are once again tied for first. The Yankees play at 7:00 and if they win, they will take sole possession of first place.

Let's hope they lose.


After last weeks crappy landing incident, I decided I needed a refresher and scheduled an hour with John, my instructor.

We did three touch-&-go's, two full-stop landings and one go-around. When we were done, I once again felt pretty good about my ability to land an aircraft.

We also discussed a plan for working on my instrument rating. I love flying and I want to be able to go to different places. The problem is I am what is known as a VFR pilot and I fly under visual flight rules. That means I have to keep the ground in site and avoid clouds.

Getting my instrument rating frees me up from that particular restriction and I will be able to fly above the weather. That's when I'll be able to go places outside of this general area.


Here are some links for you to visit:

No comments: