Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Boring as hell

Once again, the home run derby was boring as hell. I don't know why I start watching that thing every year but I do know why I change the channel after a half hour and watch whatever movie is available. Last night it was "Dr. Strange".

The first "official" home run derby was held in 1985 but before that, back in the early 1960's, someone decided to make a series of short films called "The Home Run Derby" which featured Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Harmon Killebrew, Ernie Banks, Duke Snider and several other huge names from that era.

Basically it was two guys going up against each other with each one hitting the snot out of the ball and then sitting down for a an interview before getting up to hit the ball again. It was hokey as hell but to us, those guys were giants. They were supermen and to see them talking to the interviewer was like talking to them yourself.

Now it's a bunch of overpaid rich guys hitting the snot out of a juiced ball and then trash talking each other afterwards.

Not something I find entertaining.


There are a lot of headlines about the fact that one of the Haitian-American dudes who assassinated the president of Haiti was a confidential informant (CI) for the DEA.

My only thought is, "Well, DUH."

Do people think informants are usually nice guys with 9-5 jobs who happen to have some in-depth knowledge of the illegal drug trade?

I'm here to tell you that they aren't. CI's are usually the dregs of society, the lowest of the low. They are criminals who continue to be criminals while also letting the cops know what crimes their friends are committing.

Also, what kind of protection does Haiti provide for its president? Seems to me those 20+ heavily-armed guys waltzed into the president's house and gunned him down without so much as a, "Hey! You over there with the gun. Yea, you. What are you doing?"


I'm going to eat some dinner and watch an inning or two of the All Star game. Then I'll probably put on some old movie and fall asleep early.

While I do that, you can do these:

No comments: