Saturday, July 24, 2021

Sorry about yesterday

We are still dealing with some transitional stuff in our family so my wife is spending all of her non-working time meeting with folks to discuss my mother-in-law's next steps in life or doing research into next steps. Since my wife is an only child, it's all on her to take care of her mom and I'm trying to be as helpful / supportive as I can be. Hopefully things will begin to slow in the next two weeks or so.

Having said that, I'm really hoping that I have planned our lives well enough that my children will not have to go through what we are going through.


So the Red Sox have taken two of four from the Yankees.

I was talking to a friend who is a Yankees fan and we both agreed that the worst thing the Yankees have done in the last few years was hand Stanton a giant contract and then try to hype him up like he's the second coming of Joe Dimaggio.

He's not Dimaggio. He's a drain on resources that could have been put to better use.

The best thing the Yankees have done is continue giving Gardner one-year contracts. That guy is a solid fielder and a consistent hitter. He puts Stanton to shame.

Having said that, as a Red Sox fan, I'm very happy that Stanton sucks.

As for today's game, it started at 4:00 and the Red Sox are currently up 3-0 going into the bottom of the 4th inning. It's a good start but a bigger lead would be better.


Enjoy these links while I watch the rest of this game.

No comments: