Thursday, July 8, 2021

Busy day

We are still doing some running around in an attempt to get my mother-in-law situated. She was transferred to a rehab nursing center today.

Hopefully things settle soon and she can get back to her own place.


So the Red Sox lost yesterday, giving two games out of three to the Angels.

They are still sitting in first place at the halfway point in the season and I don't see a major collapse happening to them in the second half.

Sale is working off a mound and will probably start a few minor league games in the near future. They are hoping to have him back in the rotation sometime in August. Getting him back will be a big help but I can't help but wonder who will get bumped. If they want my opinion, I'm thinking that Garrett Richards might be a good candidate for the DFA tag.

I have a heart attack every time that guy pitches.


Looks like we are going to get what is known in the weather business as "a shitload of rain" over the next 48 hours. Most of it will come tomorrow when Elsa rolls into town and dumps all of the moisture she collected down south.

The weather dweebs are all saying that driving might be a bad idea because they expect road flooding and possibly some washouts. I got a road near me that has a small stream (Sorth Branch of the Mill River) running under it and whenever we get heavy rain over long periods of time, it start to creep over the road. I'll be avoiding that road tomorrow.


I'm going to try and figure out how much of a hit my retirement accounts took today (the DJIA lost 1% today) and maybe watch some DVRs.

While I do that, you can visit these links:

No comments: