Saturday, July 31, 2021

Got in some fun today

My daughter and I decided we wanted to go kill some paper today so we went to the range this afternoon. I was concerned that since it was a beautiful Saturday afternoon the ranges would all be occupied and we would have to wait but we were pretty surprised to find there were only four others there.

We went to the last range in the line and set up our target about 100 feet down range. I quickly discovered that the sights on my rifle were off so I spent a few minutes zeroing that in and then handed it off to my daughter.

She did this:

She's still a little rocky with the pistol but she consistently puts at least 5 out of 8 rounds into the target from 50 feet or so. She may not be grouping them on the bullseye but those targets are about as big as a man's chest. That means if she had to, she could hit an assailant in the chest 5 or 6 times.

Ain't nobody gets up off the floor after that...

I am, as always, the proud dad.


The Rays kicked the shit out of the Red Sox last night and are now only half a game behind tham in the ALEast.

It's going to be a tough second half of the season simply because the Yankees made themselves a lot better, the Blue Jays made themselves a little better and the Red Sox traded for a guy on the DL...

Man, I hope Bloom knows what he's doing. I also hope Sale makes his return soon and he is in top form.

I would love to see a rotation that has Sale, Eovaldi, Rodriguez, Perez and Houck in it. That would a pretty great rotation.


Time to watch some baseball.

You are more then welcome to visit these links if you want:

No comments: