Tuesday, July 27, 2021

They keep finding ways to win

When I went to bed last night, the score was 4-3 in favor of the Blue Jays. When I woke up this morning, I found that in the eighth inning, Renfro walked and then Verdugo hit a home run, giving the Red Sox a 5-4 lead. They held that lead when Barnes got the first three Blue Jay batters to hit into outs.

They just keep finding ways to win.

As of right now they hold a one and a half game lead in the ALEast and a one game lead in the AMerican League.

This could get interesting because tonight the Rays (second place in the ALEast) are playing the Yankees and I'm really hoping the Yankees suddenly get good. That would knock the Rays back a notch or two.


As I said yesterday, we are still busy. Today was spent working and then moving some personal belongings from one abode to another. Then we met with some finance folk and some legal folk to make sure all is well. Also, numerous phone calls were made to various places with changes of address.

I'll tell ya, moving someone from one place to another is a pain in the butt. Specially when the person being moved not only can't help, they actually make it hard to complete the tasks that are necessary.

It sucks getting old but I hope that when I'm at the end of my life, I hope I've planned things so my children don't have to do much of anything except visit occasionally. I hope I'm also capable of accepting the inevitable and I don't spend one moment of my remaining days being a miserable cuss, making life difficult for others.


Having said that, I'm now done for the day and it's time to post some links.

Here they are:

No comments: