Saturday, July 3, 2021

Still busy

So the family emergency we had yesterday involved my mother-in-law. She is fine, just a little damaged and in the hospital for some observation after getting stitched up for a large gash.

My wife and I spent quite a bit of time at the hospital yesterday. Today we expected her to be returned to her dwelling but the doctor decided to keep her an extra day.

This gave us time to go to her place, do some repair work on her wheelchair, tidy things up a bit and speak to the staff there about her future.

We expect her to be discharged tomorrow.


The Red Sox and the Athletics went at it for 10 innings last night and in the end, the Red Sox came out on top 3-2.

I was only able to watch 2 or 3 innings before I fell asleep so I was surprised when I checked the box scores to see that they won. And since the Rays lost this afternoon, the Red Sox are now 5 games ahead in first place in the ALEast. As for the American League, they are 2 games ahead of the White Sox in first. In Major League Baseball, they are tied with the Giants for first place.

Not bad for a team that was predicted to suck by all the alleged experts. Then again, the experts also predicted that the Yankees would dominate and win it all.


Tonight's game is on FOX at 7:15 and Don Orsillo will allegedly be calling the game. I miss Don Orsillo.

Actually, I miss the camaraderie and fun that Remy and Orsillo had in the booth. They made it fun to watch a game, even when the Red Sox sucked.

So while I watch baseball, you can click on these:

No comments: