Sunday, July 18, 2021

Two down, one to go.

The Red Sox lost a rain-shortened game last night. It was one of those games where the home team took a lead in the sixth inning and suddenly decided the field had become unplayable.

Funny how that works...

I will not be surprised if Steinbrenner tells Cashman to blow it up and make the Yankees sellers. They have a lot of players who are very valuable and could bring in a lot of young prospects. And also drop the Yankees payroll below the luxury tax cap.

Let's face it, baseball is a business and the owners are in it to make money. The more money they can make, the happier they are. Dropping blow the luxury tax cap would make Hal Steinbrenner very very happy.

So anyways, I'm hoping that the Red Sox kick the Yankees ass tonight. They are still in first place in the ALEast, tied for first in the American League and tied for third in the MLB. A win tonight would continue their dominance of the ALEast.


Remember that picture of the small pond in my backyard? Remember how I said it was probably going to end up in my basement?

Yea, it ended up in my basement.

Well, not all of it.

I ended up with less than an ½ inch over two different areas. One was probably 6 feet by 3 feet and the other was around 2 feet by 3 feet. The small spot over by the bulkhead did manage to find it's way into some carpet we have on the floor for a treadmill but the wet/dry vac was able to draw most of the water out and now the dehumidifier is working it's magic.

Not terrible considering the amount of rainfall we had but still a pain in the ass and not how I wanted to start my morning.


The other day I was going through some old pictures I have stored on a thumb drive and I came across this one:

It's my brothers truck parked in front of his apartment. I suspect the picture is from 2012 or 2013 and I probably took it as I drove by with the intention of using it to bust his chops about something.

He had his demons but he was a good man and a good brother.


Still no ammo to be had but rumors are flying about availability becoming a thing in the near future.

While I wait for that to happen, you might want to click on these links:

No comments: