Thursday, July 15, 2021

Yes, there is baseball this evening

Rumor has it the Red Sox have called up two of their top prospects to fill in for some injuries or to beef up the rotation. They start a long 18-game run tonight and any help they can add will be welcome.

It appears that Houck, the kid that I always thought should be in the rotation instead of Richards and Duran, the number one prospect in the organization are in New York with the team.

They are bringing Houck up because they want a 6 man rotation during this stretch and they are bringing Duran up because of injuries to their infield.

I suspect Brice and Chavis will be sent back down to make room. Gonzalez is probably going to end up on the DL with his bad hamstring so maybe Chavis will stay up.

I guess we'll know at game time, which is at 7:00 this evening.


After last night's downpour, I discovered I had to break out the wet/dry vac this morning. The rain came so fast and hard that the ground just didn't have time to absorb it. I had a small puddle near a crack in my basement wall, a small puddle over near my bulkhead and a small puddle where my water pipe comes into the basement.

It wasn't much but it was more than the dehumidifier could reasonably handle so I spent 15-20 minutes vaccuuming the water up and dumping it in the backyard where it will promptly seep into the over-saturated ground and probably run back into my basement...

Anyways, now all the dehumidifier has to do is dry out the damp cement floor.

Well, at least that's my hope.


Still looking for ammo. I'm having as much fun trying to create a DIY security camera system as I am finding ammunition.

Someone told me that they are starting to see three things happening:
  1. The price of lumber is beginning to drop.
  2. The stock price of both Pfizer and Moderna is going down.
  3. Ammunition is beginning to find its way back onto store shelves.
The first one, when taken along with the fact the number of mortgage applications is declining seems to indicate that the price of a home is going to stabilize and maybe even begin to decline.

The second one is an indication that investors and researchers are under the distinct impression that we will not need a booster. Without the need for a booster, both Moderna and Pfizer lose out on the income that would have been generated by the sales.

The third one is an indicator that manufacturing is ramping back up. Not only ammunition but in all areas. Hopefully we start to see more automobiles, more silicon chips and more batteries in the near future.

More stuff means more people working and lower prices.


I'm going to watch some baseball.

You can look at these links:

No comments: