Monday, February 13, 2023

Looking forward

The Chiefs are the Superb Owl champions and the football season is now behind us. Time to look ahead to the other sportings in my world.

The Bruins are still the first place team in the NHL, seven points ahead of the second place Hurricanes.

The Red Sox players are showing up at JetBlue Park in Fort Meyers with the first workout of pitchers & catchers scheduled for this Wednesday. NESN has announced it will carry all seventeen home games and ten away games so I should be able to watch at least twenty spring training games starting on February 24th.

On top of that, I recently discovered that The World Curling Federation has a youtube channel!


So let's talk about the Superb Owl a bit:

I have disliked every half-time show for the last several years and this one was no different. I miss the days when they would bring out some college marching band who would play music while marching around in bizarre formations. And what happened to the idea that halftime was supposed to last 15 minutes? Last night was at least a half hour.

The field was a joke. There were guys sliding all over the place last night. I felt particularly band for the Eagles kicker who slid just as he kicked the ball. I find it hard to believe that the NFL doesn't have some sort of testing procedure to verify the field is ready to play on before the biggest game of their season.

The commercials were both good and bad. Will Ferrell did a commercial about electric vehicles that I found slightly entertaining. I also liked the one for Popcorners with the guys from Breaking Bad.

They can keep those Jesus commercials. If I want to listen to a religious lecture, I'll go to church.

As for the game itself, it was a well-played game with both teams playing their hearts out and swapping the lead back & forth. I'm glad I managed to stay awake for the whole game.


I'm about to venture into the world of Medicare. That means muddling through the federal government bureaucracy.

Wish me luck...


You should check these out because some of them might entertain or enlighten you:

No comments: