Thursday, February 16, 2023

Finding old stuff

I told Pat this morning that I'm finding a lot of old data on the hard drives I found in my basement.

The first thing that leapt out at me was a series of pictures of our family from Thanksgiving 2009. Next thing I found was all the code and daily entries from The Daily News when it ran on a server in Pat's computer room.

There are a lot of pictures to go through but first, I have to take everything off the drives and burn it all to DVD.

If there is one thing I know, it's that optical storage is more stable and lasts longer than magnetic storage

Once that is done, I can destroys the drives in my usual manner - I paint red dots on them and use them as targets at the range.

Ain't no nefarious sneaky snoops gonna extract my data from a disposed hard drive.


Chris Sale is throwing and says he is good to go.

I like that he is good to go but his history of injuries leaves me skeptical that he'll make it through the entire season. I hope he makes it because he knows how to pitch but let's hope the other pitchers are good to go as well.


The Animal Clinic has expanded and they've taken over the second floor of their building. They asked me to extend & reconfigure their network and of course I said yes.

I like doing nerdy stuff. Particularly for them.


The Bruins will face off against the Predators at 8:00 this evening and I'm hoping to make it through at least two periods.

While I figure out what to do about dinner and then settle in to watch hockey, you should look at these:


No comments: