Thursday, February 23, 2023

No hockey for me

The Bruins will face off against the Kraken tonight but since the game starts at 10:00pm my time, I won't be watching it.


I had lunch with the boys today and, as usual, we sat around BSing until almost 3:00.

So let me tell you about my buddy Jim. He's been retired for at least 10 years now. Once he retired, he decided to build a car. Not just any car but a fancy-shmancy car. He built a Shelby Cobra. And not a kit car, he built it from the frame up and bought the fiberglass body. In other words, he built the car.

This car is his baby and he loves it but it's not the car, it's the building of the car that he really loved.

Well, today Jim told us he's selling his car. My first thought was, "Oh man, Jimmy's getting old and he's decided to get rid of his toy."

Nope. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Yes, Jim is a little elderly. Like mid-70s elderly. But that's not why he's selling his car. He's selling his car because he's going to find a ratted out 1974 Ford Bronco (his first car) and restore it.

This 70+ year old guy has decided he's going to weld, hammer, fit, tear-down and rebuild an old scrapped car because that's his idea of a good time.

When I'm in my mid-70s (if I make it that far), I hope I have as much energy, enthusiasm and enjoyment in my life as Jim does.


I'm going to go make a grilled cheese and watch bad television.

You can click on these:

No comments: