Friday, February 17, 2023

The cleaning continues

I put the "old hard drives" project on hold for the day and set out to clean one of my cabinets. I set the goal of filling one trash bag from stuff that I haven't used and probably never will

Each cabinet has four shelves in it and I was able to go through all of the stuff on two shelves before I filled one trash bag. And when I say filled, I mean I had to carry it to the barrel from the bottom. If I tried to use the pull ties, they would have pulled right through the bag.

So basically I threw away around 50 pounds of crap that I've hoarded over the years.

The good part of all of this is I once again found stuff that I had forgotten about. Like the two boxes of single-edged razor blades, a very nice letter of recommendation written for me by Congressman Ed Boland back on the early 80s, two soldering irons and at least a dozen screwdrivers that at one time sat in my desk drawer at work.

I figure if I can throw away one or two bags a week, by summer my basement should be just about empty of things I never use and the things I do use will be easy to find.


The Bruins made quick work of the Predators last night, beating them 5-0.

It was one of those games where I kinda felt bad for the opposing teams goalie. He tried but the Bruins just kept shooting the puck in the goal.

I only made it through two of the three periods before going to bed. Saturdays game against the Islanders starts at 5:00 so I should be able to watch all three periods.


I got almost no sleep last night so I'm done with this.

Here are some links that you can poke with your mouse:

No comments: