Wednesday, February 15, 2023

And so it begins.

Spring training has begun baby!

Looks like a lot of players and coaches have arrived in Fort Myers,

Including Kiké Hernandez who was working out at second base:

Fresh cut grass and leather baseball gloves - I love the smell of a ball field.

Not Fenway though.

Fenway smells like swamp, beer and puke. That's one of the reasons I don't go to Fenway. I'm not paying $500 to go watch a Red Sox game when I can go to Worcester to see the AAA team and only pay $120. I like not having to deal with a bunch of drunks from Southie screaming nasty insults at the opposing players, puking their beer and hot dogs all over the backs of the people seated in front of them which is then followed by that shitty drive down Storrow Drive to get back to the pike after the game.


Hey Pat - Look what I found!
I also found two old laptop drives that I need to off-load data from so you can't have it back just yet.


The Bruins managed to come back from behind and beat the Stars in OT last night. I only made it through two periods before going to bed with the Bruins down 2-1. I was pleasantly surprised this morning to see they won 3-2.

This puts them back above .800 on the season. With 42.5 wins (40 regulation wins plus 5 ot wins), they could lose the remaining 29 games and still finish the season with a .520 win percentage.

Do I expect them to win all 29 games? No. Do I expect them to win at least 15 of the remaining 29 games? Yes.

If they win half of their remaining games, they will finish the season with a .690 win percentage.

That is pretty much a guaranteed trip to the playoffs.


I still have one or two DVRs that I can watch this evening and that will clean off my machine.

Until tonight when it will fill up with a new show I recently found:
The premise of the show If We Built It Today is simple: How would we build the pyramids or the Brooklyn Bridge, etc... if we built them today.

It's probably going to suck but I like to give shows like that a chance just in case they are good


No idea what to do for dinner this evening so I gotta go figure that out.

You can check these links out if you want:


No comments: