Sunday, July 28, 2024

Crappy loss last night

The Red Sox had a 8-7 lead in the ninth inning and they blew it. The Yankees tied the game 8-8 in the ninth and then blew it up in the tenth, winning the game 11-8.

That bullpen is not in good shape and it looks like they are trying to improve it. I'm just not sure how much help they are getting.

They picked up a pitcher named Yohan Ramírez. I'm not sure what he brings because too be honest with you, he is not what I would call "an ace". He's been DFA'd three times just this season. The Orioles DFA'd him in early May, the Mets DFA'd him in late May and the Dodgers DFA'd him three days ago.

And speaking of DFA'd players, in order to make room on the roster for the new guys, the Red Sox have DFA'd catcher Reese McGuire and pitcher Chase Anderson.

I hope Breslow has a plan...

Anyways, first pitch is at 7:10 and Houcke has the start. A win would give them the series and put them back into the wildcard.


Once again, Canada and California are burning and we are enjoying the smoke.

The weather dweebs keep harping on air quality from the wildfire smoke that is drifting across the northeast.

Personally, I don't smell or see anything. Last year, I could not only see the haze, I could smell the burned wood.


In 11 days, the Patriots will welcome the Panthers into Gillette Stadium for their first pre-season game of the 2024/25 season and you can rest assured that I will be watching it.

Not only are the Red Sox off that evening, the Patriots game is being carried on the CW network so I have access to it.

I'm looking forward to see what this latest iteration of the Patriots are capable of doing. More importantly, I'm interested in seing if they are capable of playing like a team.

And for the record, the NHL season starts in October so we've got a while before I start spewing about Bruins games.


Not much in the way of links today:

No comments: