Sunday, July 7, 2024

Not a busy day

Yesterday, I spent most of my day on the Mass Pike and then in Worcester.

The time spent on the pike was sitting in a multi-mile long traffic jam prior to the I-84 interchange and the time spent in Worcester was sitting on a plastic seat, sweating my balls off, watching the Worcester Red Sox defeat the Syracuse Mets 4-0.

We had nice seats right behind home plate and I'm pretty sure we were close enough that when the umpire blew a call, he heard me say, "What the hell is wrong with this guy."

At one point, Dalbec got hit in the left hand by a pitch. We all saw the ball hit his left hand. He reacted immediately to the ball hitting his left hand but the umpire said, "Nope, it hit the bat. That's a foul ball."

Umpires have a difficult job and I understand they occasionally make mistakes but that hit-by-pitch was not a mistake. It was negligence.


Speaking of baseball, the Red Sox got their ass handed to them by the Yankees yesterday afternoon, losing 14-4. I didn't find out about it until last night because the traffic jam I sat in was located right in the WEEI dead spot on the pike. I couldn't pick up any of the WEEI broadcasts so I missed most of the game.

From what I can see, Winckowski made it through 3⅔ innings before he came out of the game and the bullpen kinda fell apart.

So the series is now tied at one game apiece. That means the winner of tonight's game wins the series.

Crawford gets the start and hopefully he brings his "A" game.

Despite yesterday's loss, they remain in the third wild card slot with a 1½ game lead over the Royals. A win by the Red Sox and loss by the Royals will increase their lead to 2½ games.


Adam Schiff is a moron.

If poles showed Harris with a commanding lead over Trump, the democrats would throw Biden under the bus without so much as a thought. Those people would eat their young if they thought it would help.

One of my sisters said she wants a third option on the ballot. She wants to vote for "Try Again"...


Time to make some dinner and then watch some Red Sox.

Enjoy these links:


No comments: