Monday, July 22, 2024

Lunch with the boys

The Bills & Jim met me at a 99s where we spent at least 2 hours eating chain restaurant food and solving all of the worlds problems.

Unfortunately, none of us have the means to put our solutions into action so the world will just have to continue to bumble along on its own.


Speaking of the worlds problems, the Red Sox got swept by the Dodgers and are now a full game out of the wild card race.

I wish I had a solution for their problems but I don't. They need someone who can give them at least four solid innings in relief and they also need someone who can close for them. Jansen is a good closer but he can't pitch every night.

Unfortunately, ownership has made it clear they will not provide any additional funding for salaries so Breslow needs to get creative. The problem is, he might just get creative with some prospects who they will regret trading away.

Tonight they are in Colorado to start a three-game series against the Rockies. Houck will start and I'm really hoping the thin air at Coors Field (elevation 5,200 feet) doesn't cause too many problems for him. The man was born & raised in St. Louis (elevation 400 feet) so his lungs are not used to a decrease in the number of available oxygen molecules


I'm going to make some food and then I'm going to try to watch a few innings of baseball.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: