Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to work - tomorrow....

Today was another day off for me and I gotta admit that I'm kinda looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I miss working because I....

Just Kidding!

I don't miss working one bit. As a matter of fact, I've decided that I would make a great bum.

One of these days, I will be the best retiree ever. The Dog and I went for a couple of walks. We took a couple of naps. We played tug-o-war with his rope. Basically, it was good day for both of us.

I almost feel bad that my wife had to work....

*

The Red Sox are off today but the Rays weren't. And they got their ass kicked be the Royals.

The Rays lost to the Royals 11-1 today. This means the Red Sox now have a one and a half game lead in the AL East.

As long as the Red Sox keep winning and avoid the whole one game wild card playoff thing, they should do okay. Whether or not they'll make it into the World Series or even the LCS is yet to be seen but making it into the LDCS is a pretty damn good start.

*

Before I forget to tell you this, I saw a bear get hit by a Prius on I-91 yesterday.

We were on our way home from Keene and as we started out of Deerfield into South Deerfield when all of a sudden, every car in front of us lit up it's brake lights and slowed way down. We couldn't figure out why until we went another few hundred feet.

There, in the middle of the left lane, was a large, dead black bear. In the breakdown lane was a Prius with some pretty serious hood/bumper damage.

Here's my advice to you: If you happen to see a bear while driving down I-91, don't hit it. They're pretty damned big.

Also, if you happen to be driving a Prius down I-91, get the hell out of the left lane, you hippy. You're blocking everyone with your "the speed limit is 65 and that's what I'm going to do" attitude.

*

The only time I spent on the internet today was the half hour I spent looking for links for you to click on.

Here are those links:

No comments: