Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sometimes my mind wanders....

I'm sitting at my desk, looking at my coffee cup, when I started to wonder what its circumference was.

I broke out a ruler and measured the diameter, multiplied that by Pi and got a circumference of a little over 10 inches.

That got me to thinking about an old joke about how woman are terrible with distance because they've been told their whole lives that (hold up thumb and forefinger, spaced about 4 inches apart) this is 10 inches.

Then I got to thinking about a lot of old jokes and the old Rabbi joke rose to the surface: How did the Rabbi get paid after the bris? He didn't - he only took tips.

That got me to thinking about Al Franken and Saturday Night Live which led me to the conclusion that the people of Minnesota are idiots. Not only did the elect Jesse "The Body" Ventura as Governor, they went and elected Al Franken as Senator.

That immediately led me to consider the fact that while the people of Minnesota may be idiots, they aren't constantly electing corrupt thieves to political office like we are in Massachusetts.

All that from a coffee cup...

*

Enjoy these links:

No comments: